The Yard Waste Center is located at 1130 S. Dixon Road in Kokomo. The Center is open from April 1st to November 30th with the hours of 9:00 AM to 4:00 PM weekdays and from 8:00 AM to 1:00 PM on Saturdays - CLOSED Sundays and Holidays.
For the Fee Schedule on disposing of your materials please call the office at 765-456-2274
1. No trash of any sort.
2. All containers must be dumped (plastic or paper). There will be disposal receptacles onsite for your needs.
3. Everyone must stop at the office to be accounted for and be inspected to ascertain where to dump materials.
4. You must live in Howard County and/or own property in Howard County, proof property ownership will be a current tax bill or utility bill and the name on your driver's license MUST match the name of the bill or you will be turned away.
5. Season passes are available for Howard County-based Yard and Tree Businesses:
A. Mowing and Landscaping - Limited to grass, leaves, old flower plants, brush trimmings, and occasional limbs.
B. Tree Companies -
1. Materials must be separated
b. Logs must be cut no longer than 6 feet in length and no bigger than 30 inches in diameter. (if they are not to this required size you will be asked to remove them from the property until they meet the size requirements)
6. Raw material only, NO: Building materials, Treated materials, Sod, Cement, Gravel, Sand, Dirt, Hay/Straw, Seeds/pods/nuts etc.
7. If you do not comply with these rules and/or violate these rules in any manner you will be subject to being banned from using this center and will forfeit all monies and passes paid in for the season.
8. If you and/or any of your employees are caught on this property when posted closed you will forfeit you and/or your employer's eligibility to utilize the facility for the remainder of the season as well as forfeit all monies and passes paid in for the season.
9. If anyone verbally or physically threatens employees of the Yard Waste station / HCRD or contractors on the premises you will be banned from the facility indefinitely and charges may be brought up.